This position will be located in either Vancouver, BC or Calgary, AB.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the BS Engineering Manager, providing project management and/or technical support on various projects, and maintaining the technical competence and production requirements of the service line.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze existing market data to forecast business decisions regarding budget forecasting, budget variances, client profitability, risk management and report findings to the Engineering Manager or Regional Director as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with other service lines.
- Work as the Project Manager, Relationship Manager and/or Technical Specialist to provide our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Plan and/or review the scope, schedule, and budgets for projects.
- Be able to conduct field work.
- Be able to address unforeseen and unusual project conditions that may arise in an efficient, positive manner.
- Understand and participate in resolving issues with cost control, non-recoverable expenditures, and utilization.
- Communicate effectively with team members.
- Act as a mentor/coach to staff.
- Share expertise within the service line and across the organization.
- Maintain technical capability.
- Work with others to increase the overall technical competence of the service line.
- Identify completed projects in your service line that are eligible for technical awards, ensure projects are submitted.
- Work with Project Managers, Engineering Managers, Relationship Managers and Regional Directors to secure building science and multi-disciplinary projects
- Actively perpetuate and clarify WEC culture and values.
- Build and maintain a well-developed network of colleagues for solving unique engineering problems.
- Stay current with changes within the building science industry and marketplace.
- Professionally stamp own project design and reports and that of engineers-in-training for whom you are providing peer review as appropriate.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving quality control.
- Be able to develop projects in the New Construction, Investigation/Evaluation, and Restoration marketplaces.