Reports to: Regional Director
Based at: Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver
Position Purpose: Responsible for the development and growth of the practice side of the engineering teams & to develop business for the company.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership, direction, and support for engineering managers and team leads.
- Mentor, motivate and provide guidance to junior engineering employees.
- Work with Human Resources to prepare formalized training program for entry level engineers.
- Lead and develop quality program for electrical engineers.
- Enable an excellent engineering/workplace culture.
- Enhance the technical depth of the engineering team.
- Enable and develop excellent engineering process and practice.
- Assist with recruitment and attraction of new employees.
- Lead opportunities for significant projects utilizing company resources. Explore alliances or joint ventures with other organizations where appropriate.
- Provide expertise in project scheduling and financial management.
- Provide marketing and project responses for engineering offerings.
- Develop significant new business/topline growth for the company.
- Work collaboratively with other employees to grow WEC’s business in Alberta and/or British Columbia dependent on the location of the successful candidate.
- Assist with developing engineering teams that understand urgency, will be innovative and will deliver profitable projects on time and budget.
- Work with Engineering Managers and Regional Directors to support the development of lasting relationships with clients.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.