At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Project Manager, acting as PM or technical lead on various projects and meeting production requirements of the projects. Provides exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Team lead/ Project Manager/ Engineering Manager in providing our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with the Project Manager; this includes collecting and coordinating useful information.
- Maintain a working relationship with other staff.
- May act as client contact.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff, this includes reviewing reports and ensuring technical standards are met.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving quality control.
- Write reports that do not require significant editing.
- Competent in inspection and design standards of a variety of the following:
- curtain wall systems
- energy efficiency and sustainable designs
- material interactions and compatibilities
- materials engineering
- transfer of heat, air and moisture through a building envelope
- Participate in design reviews, field reports, investigations, reserve funds/FE, and site inspections.
- Assist in the updating of corporate standards, devise new innovative approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners, and draw conclusions for comparative situations as appropriate.
- Under supervision, prepare engineering cost proposals.
- Identify risks associated with a project at the proposal stage; satisfy client and our requirements with regard to risk management
- Actively perpetuate and embody WEC culture and values
- Stamp own project design and reports and that of engineers in training for whom you are providing peer review as appropriate.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.