At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: As a Mechanical Technologist/Technician, you are a fully qualified level of mechanical technologist and will work closely with the Team Lead/Project Manager, assisting on various engineering tasks in projects, and contributing to the technical competence and production requirements of the discipline. You will also provide exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Write various engineering reports that do not require significant editing.
- Coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex problems.
- Possess working knowledge of national and local building codes.
- Prepare or assist preparing fee proposals.
- Exercise independent judgement in various engineering tasks.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff, this includes reviewing design and construction documents and ensuring technical standards are met.
- Ambassador of internal quality control process.
- Share expertise with other offices.
- Prepare technical design for a variety of the following:
- Fire Suppression,
- Equipment selections and specifications, and
- Energy analysis
- Draft, review and mark up iterations using AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Effectively resolve mechanical conflicts with contractors during construction phase.
- Resolve technical issues and cost implications.
- Conduct regular construction administration tasks such as site reviews and write site review/site instruction/change order reports.
- Adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices.