Location: This position could be based in one of our following offices: Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver.
Position Purpose: Responsible for providing strategic direction to the electrical engineering discipline, ensuring engineering of the highest quality, and developing a strong team of engineers and technologists to support the ongoing growth of the organization.
This role works in partnership with the Regional and Client Development and Delivery Directors, sharing their discipline business plans and collaborating on strategies for success.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop business plans that promote and support quality engineering, in alignment with the company’s strategic plan.
- Promote the ongoing technical development of discipline staff.
- Ensure that an appropriate mix of staff exists within discipline, considering both staff levels and skill sets.
- Maintain a suitable workload to staff ratio within discipline, ensuring that utilization targets are met.
- Leads the forecasting process for their discipline and ensures that staffing levels are appropriate.
- Ensure that requirements for professional practice are met, mitigating potential legal or insurance claims.
- Monitors the profitability of discipline across projects, making strategic adjustments as required.
- Oversee the development of engineering standards that promote engineering quality and minimize deviations.
- Work alongside the Regional Directors to recruit and retain top talent in your discipline.
- Inspire the discipline to achieve great engineering through both innovation and quality.
- Partner with the other Engineering Directors to ensure cross-discipline functionality across the organization.
- Support corporate position by acting as a discipline representative of our corporate vision, culture, policies and values.
- Manage, motivate, train, mentor, and discipline direct reports according to company policies and guidelines.
- Contribute to Career Paths and performance appraisals for employee’s within your discipline.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.