At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Engineering Manager, leading on various projects, and maintaining the technical competence and production requirements of the discipline.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze existing data to forecast business decision regarding budget forecasting, budget variances, client profitability, risk management and report findings to the Engineering Manager or Regional Director as appropriate.
- Work as the Project Manager, Relationship Manager or Technical Specialist to provide our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Plan or review projects requiring the expenditure of a considerable amount of manpower and financial investment.
- Determine basic operating standards, and accomplish objectives in the most economical manner to manage unusual conditions.
- Understand and participate in resolving issues with cost control, non-recoverable expenditures, and utilization.
- Communicate effectively with team members.
- Act as a mentor/coach to staff.
- Share expertise with other offices.
- Maintain technical capability.
- Provide technical expertise on projects.
- Work with others to increase the overall technical competence of the discipline.
- Identify completed projects in your discipline that are eligible for technical awards, ensure projects are submitted.
- Work with Project Managers, Engineering Managers, Relationship Managers and Regional Directors to secure large multi-company projects.
- Actively perpetuate and clarify WEC culture and values.
- Build and maintain a well developed network of colleagues for solving unique engineering problems.
- Stay current with changes in own discipline.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.