Position Purpose: Working closely with the Project Manager and Design Engineer, assisting on various projects, and contributing to the technical competence and production requirements of the discipline. Provides exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Write reports that do not require significant editing
- Ability to coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex problems.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Prepare fee letters.
- Operate independently on routine projects.
- Develop opinion of probable costs of construction (estimates) for structural elements of projects.
- Review and mark-up complex drawings.
- Develop routine drawings, structural layouts and design details.
- Recognize product variances.
- Collaborate with engineer and fabricator on complex shop drawing details.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff, this includes reviewing reports and ensuring technical standards are met.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving quality control.
- Share expertise with other offices.
- Conduct site inspections and write reports.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.