At Williams Engineering Canada (WEC) Inc., we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with competitive compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
An opportunity exists in an integrated team of building engineers including building science, civil, electrical, mechanical, sustainability and structural team that work towards achieving sustainable community developments providing sustainability practice to design energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings.
We are looking for a Senior Energy Modeling specialist to support all offices in WEC, and the candidate will provide energy simulation services related to buildings and will mentor junior staff. We also expect this role to grow further into a Sustainability Team Lead to assemble the team of specialists including Passive House specialists, energy modelers and sustainability consultants.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Experience in various and complex building mechanical, electrical and building envelope system.
- Collaboration in an integrated design team to identify appropriate design strategies geared towards improving energy performance, indoor air quality, and thermal comfort throughout building project duration.
- Support various project staff including project manager/engineer/designer in energy and thermal modeling and research of new building design strategies.
- Building performance modeling for various building types such as new and existing commercial, institutional, hospital and mixed-use residential buildings.
- Preparation various presentations during project design phase to design team and for business development to the clients.
- Preparation of building analysis reports and LEED documentation to present results of energy and thermal modeling, greenhouse gas emissions analysis, and research findings.
- Experience in project management process.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in various energy standards and codes including NECB, ASHRAE 90.1 and LEED.
- Extensive experience in various energy modeling software such as IES, EQuest, EE4, etc.
- Understanding of engineering economics to perform financial analysis of alternatives.
- Familiarity with Passivhaus design principles and requirements.
- Development relationships with the clients, the City and regulatory personnel and active participations in various relevant associations, meetings and professional events.
- Responsible for the development and growth of the practice side of the Sustainability teams & to develop business for the company.
- Mentor, motivate and provide guidance to junior employees.
- Lead and develop quality program for Sustainability Service Line.
- Assist with recruitment and attraction of new employees.
- Work collaboratively with other employees to grow WEC’s business in British Columbia.
- Work with Engineering Managers and Regional Directors to support the development of lasting relationships with clients.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.