At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Project Manager, assisting on various projects, and contributing to the technical competence and production requirements of the discipline. Provides exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Team lead/ Project Manager/ Engineering Manager in providing our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with the Project Manager; this includes collecting and coordinating useful information.
- Maintain a working relationship with other staff.
- Participate in discussions with client, as required.
- Gaining an understanding of quality control.
- Under supervision, prepare engineering design, specification and/or recommendations for a variety of the following:
- energy analysis
- equipment selection and specification
- fuel systems
- high and low pressure piping
- mechanical design details
- sustainable design
- storm and sewer design
- Under supervision write basic field inspections and technical reports
- Develop routine mechanical drawings with draftsperson
- Conduct site evaluations and inspections with the support of senior staff
- Participate in facility evaluations and assist in technical report writing
- Under supervision complete design and spec drawings
- Under supervision design routine mechanical details, and write technical specifications.
- Actively perpetuate and embody WEC culture and values.