At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Project Manager, Team Lead or Engineering Manager by assisting on various projects, and contributing to the technical competence and production requirements of the discipline. Provides exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Team lead/ Project Manager/ Engineering Manager in providing our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with the Project Manager; this includes collecting and coordinating useful information.
- Maintain a working relationship with other staff.
- Participate in discussions with client, as required.
- Write basic field inspections and technical reports.
- Under supervision, conduct inspections and provide technical services for the following:
- curtain wall systems
- energy efficiency and sustainable designs
- material interactions and compatibilities
- materials engineering
- transfer of heat, air and moisture through a building envelope
- Under supervision prepare design reviews and site inspection reports.
- Under supervision conduct routine field investigations and inspections.
- Gain exposure to design reviews, field reports, investigations, reserve funds/FE, and site inspections.
- Read technical building envelope drawings.
- Gain an understanding of quality control
- Actively perpetuate and embody WEC culture and values
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.