At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Project Manager, acting as PM or tech lead on various projects, and maintaining the technical competence and production requirements of the projects. Provides exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Write addendums and reports that do not require significant editing
- Ability to coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex problems.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Participate in preparation of fee letters.
- Operate independently on routine projects.
- Coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex projects.
- Provide peer review and mark-ups of drawings for junior staff.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff, this may include reviewing drawings and ensuring standards are met.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving quality control.
- Share expertise with other offices.
- Under supervision of a professional engineer, prepare technical design, specifications and/or recommendations for a variety of the following:
- curtain wall systems
- energy efficiency and sustainable designs
- material interactions and compatibilities
- materials engineering
- transfer of heat
- air and moisture through a building envelope
- Identify risks associated with a project at the proposal stage; satisfy client and our requirements with regard to risk management.
- Employees are required to adhere to the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.