At Williams Engineering we realize that having the right people is paramount to our ability to provide exceptional service to our clients. As our people are the most important part of our business; we make sure they are provided with fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, in a positive team environment.
Position Purpose: Working closely with the Project Manager, assisting on various projects, and contributing to the technical competence and production requirements of the discipline. Provides exceptional customer service and coordination assistance with internal and external project partners (consultants, contractors, etc.).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Team lead/ Project Manager/ Engineering Manager in providing our clients with finished projects in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with the Project Manager; this includes collecting and coordinating
- Coordinate data and information collected in useful form for the PM.
- Layout a set of drawings
- Plot and compile drawings for technical reviews and submissions to clients
- Work Closely with engineers to develop drawings
- Review and mark up shop drawings
- Develop routine day-to-day design details
- Prepare technical designs for building systems for the engineering discipline held.
- Work independently or as part of a team on AutoCAD drawings and/or Revit models.
- Write reports that do not require significant editing
- Coordinate with all disciplines, extract and relay relevant information for complex problems.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
- Review and mark-up complex drawings
- Contribute to maintaining and improving quality control.
- Periodic travel to remote project site locations. Duration of time away from branch office for these trips is typically between 1 and 3 days depending on timing of flights and weather conditions.
- May resolve mechanical/construction conflicts with contractors
- May resolve mechanical/construction technical issues and cost implications
- Conduct site inspections and write reports